theSentinel's avatar

• Joined Apr 18, 2013
  • 23 / ?

Angel Beats!

May 26, 2013

At first I thought that this would be a slice of life (and im not into that genre).  I thought that it would be some humor, some romance, bladdy blah.  I dropped it at first, but then picked it up and started enjoying it a lot as the episodes progressed.

Story:  Deep, very deep.  The anime was too short to cover all of the stories of each character, but they made sure to get the most important ones.  They were deep, they were real, they created attachment to the anime.  The world they created for us was believable (within anime constraints).  The story had everything you needed.  A little action, romance, sad stories, greater victories.  Once the story was under way, everything seemed meaningful. The important moments were extremely touching and really hit the spot in terms of making the anime.

Animation:  really pretty, i was impressed from the beggining.  This is a slap in the face to people that hate anime for the big googly eyes, because this anime made them awesome.  But seriously, the animation was great, particularly in the action scenes and the minor details  where they stand above others.  The little things that you notice, but werent necessary, made the animation great.

Sound:  wow, the OST is beautiful.  They worked on this, and the right track queued at the perfect time.  They were really spot on with the style of music and the setting, it fit perfectly.

Characters:  Loved them, they were funny, they brought tons of humor to the series.  Some of them didnt get enough screen time because the series was so short, but the ones that did get lots of screen time really were deep.  At first they all seem like your typical anime characters, but they have so much more to them.  As I said before, the story and the characters were really touching.

Overall:  Way better then I thought.  People recommended it to me and I wrote it off for too long.  I would watch this again and again though.  I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS ANIME.