theSentinel

Air Gear

26 MAY
2013

Air Gear was an all in anime, right from the start it keeps you interested.  There is a perpetual story to it, and the story is always building.

Story:  The story is constant and always building.  Anyone who has seen Oh Great!'s writing before knows that he makes long and eleborate plots ( and often they can become confusing).  The plot was extremely intruiging much like the plot of his previous work.  I was always interested to see the secrets that Oh Great! tucks away

my one problem with the story was that 26 episodes was not enough to complete the story.  They have created ovas that continue the story a little bit though, so that is nice.  But for such a long elaborate plot this needed probably 50+ episodes.  a 50 episode series would have been perfect.  Otherwise this story was great.

Animation:  I dont really have much to say, it looked pretty though.  The animation was NOT LACKING.  It was great and suited the series well.

Sound:  I loved the soundtrack, it was amazing, that is all.

Characters:  The characters were unique within the series, which is what I look for.  They didnt have too many, if any, repeat characters.  I liked the characters too, there were many entertaining characters.  They brought life and individuality to the anime, along with much humor and excitement.

Overall: lots of fanservice, but if you know Oh Great! then you know that fan service is normal BUT NOT EVERYTHING, so it actually is a nice addition.  Fun to watch and just enjoy.  Everything was reasonable so its easy to get into.  I recommend this anime.

Other Anime Reviews by theSentinel