theSentinel's avatar

• Joined Apr 18, 2013
  • 23 / ?

Pumpkin Scissors

Apr 27, 2013

I have to do what I can to make sure that you dont waste your time watching this anime.  I am probably giving it too much credit, but I will do a swift breakdown of the pieces, Im not spending much time on this, but that is because I thought it sucked.

well. . . . . . the anime started off with a bunch of "filler episodes".  They just did problem of the week style episodes that went on painfully until about episode 10 or 11.  There was a story in there and it looked cool, but they barely touched on it.  Then the story picked up, oh cool the High Temp Trooper is burning people alive, and the super soldier project is still going on?!?!?!?! AWESOME, but then at about episode 18 it shifted and went completely off topic.  The awesomeness I was hoping for was gone. Nowhere in sight.  The story. . . . sucked.  I give it 2 points for what they did well for maybe 5 or 6 episodes.

animation

Animation was nothing special, I have been spoiled by BONES animation work so PS wasnt that great, wasnt bad though, so I give it a 7

sound

Pretty much the same as the animation.  The Opening was cool, really cool, and tried to do PS more justice then it deserved.

characters

There were a lot of annoying characters. Oreldo and Martis were awesome though because they sacked up and were badasses when they needed to be.  Lt, Malvin's monologues nearly killed me, but when she fought she was pretty cool.  Oland was . . . not very awesome until he turned on the lantern.  Then he was super awesome.  The lantern and the other Oland were the parts of the story that I wanted to see happen.  I wanted to see the other 900 divisions of the army.  I wanted to see the twisted experiments and how Oland got that way.  but in the end Oland was another monologing annoyance.  a 4 for crazy oland, oreldo, martis and lili.

overall, please dont waste your time.  This leads nowhere, there is nothing interesting to see here.  The anime gave moments of goondess surrounded by crap that didnt matter and had no meaning. giving it more then it deserves, I rate this anime a 5 out of 10.