technochocolate

Hanasakeru Seishounen

BASED ON 5 OF 39 EPS DROPPED
13 APR
2012

I can't give a complete review, as I dropped the series after five episodes, but I think I can give a pretty good snapshot of what you can expect.

This is supposedly a reverse harem, and it jumps right into that plot with the main premise--a girl is literally given a choice of several men with whom her father approves for marriage.  A very basic but alluring idea for a reverse harem-addict such as myself!  But then...

You find out right off the bat that the main protagonist is fourteen years old.  Fourteen.  And her father wants her to choose a husband?  What is worse is that the men she meets are not other young teenagers, except for one (oh, and he's apparently her cousin).  They are older teen to early 20's aged men.  Um, what?  And they can potentially see this little girl as a love interest?  Ew!

I understand that there is a political plot that does develop, so I may have missed out.  But...I just wanted some nice fluffy romance! :'(

The main reason I couldn't continue was that it's fairly obvious right from the start who Kajika will end up falling for at the end.  The dialogue and relationship developments make it easy.  And to me, what's the point of watching this girl bumble through several "relationships" if I can already tell what the endgame is.  As Oscar Wilde so wisely put it, "The very essence of romance is uncertainty."

But you'll see that I gave the animation a fairly high score, so I'll be honest with you.  The bishy characters' designs are drool-worthy!  Honestly, I think I lost interest in the plot in episode 2, but the beautiful men kept me for another three.  It's pretty darn good.

They are lovely, arent they?

Other Anime Reviews by technochocolate

Fruits Basket user review by technochocolate

Fruits Basket

Howl's Moving Castle user review by technochocolate

Howl's Moving Castle

overall score: 8.8/10

Honey and Clover user review by technochocolate

Honey and Clover