tayl100's avatar

• Joined Feb 4, 2012
  • 23 / ?

Koibana Onsen

Mar 1, 2012

This will be my first review, so I hope it helps! I will try not to spoil too much, but parts of this manga will be spoiled to those reading this.

I have read plenty of manga from innocent humor to...well this manga here. This is most definatly an explicit content, harem manga, and would certainly not go over well if seen by a manager or family member.

But anyway, like most ecchi or harem mangas/animes, not too much room for creativity in the story is allowed. This manga doesn't do amazing in this perspective, but it isn't simply fan service the whole way through. (There is quite a lot of that packed in though.) Relationships pop up, unlikely and otherwise, but really, not super creative.

I really liked the characters. The main male character really grows during his employment and goes from an inexperienced little guy to almost an older brother/advisor to the other male characters. the only thing that stops a very high character score is the girls. Don't get me wrong, nothing wrong with nude shots and fan service, but it is layed down thick. The female characters grow and progress, but in the direction I would not prefer; they essentially just wind up begging for sex at every moment. Fuuka is the only female character I liked, having a few chapters as her own backstory and acting as the older sister to all the girls. (That being said, she is actually an older sister to two of them.) Other than those two, the characters were generally above average, ignoring the overly thick fanservice.

Art

Not much to say about art. I personally didn't love it, but it really is just personal opinion. The faces looked very real sometimes, and then just plain odd othertimes.

Synopsis

I didn't love this manga, but it was a nice way to take up about a week and a half. I would recomend reading it.

Overall score: 7.5/10

7.5/10 story

tayl100 says...

Everytime I reread my own reviews, I wind up finding a mistake that magically appered there since the last time I checked.

Apr 5, 2012