tarent's avatar

• Joined Jan 24, 2008

Baby, Please Kill Me!

Dec 2, 2012

Story 5/10

This is tricky with an anime like this.  The main story if you really stretch to find it is a story of a high school assassin and her friend who is trying to make her stop.  But this story doesn't really show up often.  Kill me baby is full of slapstick and random moments, following the likes of Nichijou and Azumanga Daiou.  It can throw off those who who are looking for a cohesive story.

Final verdict on the story.  If you like the slapstick and random slice of life style.  You will love this.  If you think it's just pandering to those with ADD and is stupid.  Then stay away.

Animation 5/10

The animation here is cheap.  But it's a thirteen episode slapstick comedy about a highschool assassin, so you can't really expect much.  It does it's job in the end. each character that is important has their own distinct design.

Speaking of designs.  The main cast of characters have a very loli design even with being high school students.  And with this choice I think it really sets up the tone of the entire series from the first sight of the girls.  That will push some away, but I'm sure there are alot of people who enjoy that style.

Sound 7/10

The opening theme is fun, the first two times listening to it.  It is sung by the voice actors themselves and is really hectic.  After the third time you'll find yourself wanting to skip it. The ending is much more tollerable.  It's still a bit annoying, but the funny ending credits dance makes up for it.

The voice acting is solid.  Each characters respective voice actor gives them a nice character.  Tanura Mutsumi does a great job giving the high school assassin Sonya and shounen style voice.  It is odd seeing a loli style character with pigtails, then hearing a shounen voice come from her.

Characters 9/10

I love the characters.  Sonya the assassin is violent yet a scaredy cat.  Yasuna is dense but lovable.  And Agiri has that odd soft voice, but she's really a con artist.  The characters really keep you watching because they are funny.  Yes it's stupid humor, but you chuckle and you keep watching to see what they will do next.

Overall 6.5/10

Overall the story is non existant until the end, the animation is par at best, but the voice acting and characters really carry this anime.  The fact is if you like these type of animes, you are going to enjoy this one.  If you don't, then you should probably stray away from it.

I for one, loved it.  I found it hillarious.  It had be crying with laughter in a few parts, and that is always good in my opinion.