straydog's avatar

straydog

• dallas,tx
  • Joined Sep 15, 2010

The movie does in my opinion what alot of anime manages to do, and that is over-narrate itself at times.. (the whole thing where instead of just shooting the guy in the face, the guy with the gun explains why he's gonna shoot the other guy..) not enough to annoy, but enough to be noticeable..

It gives a minute or two for some of the main backstory of the Elric brothers as to why they are Armour and limbless, which is fine. Since it allows those who've not yet seen any of the series/movie before (the person I went with) to get a handle on "WTF ROBOTMAN Y U GOTS NO BODY?!?!"
But as a seasoned Fma watcher i was like "I know this already, hurry the fuck up and don't take all goddamn day"- which they didn't

It has action and suspense out the ass, the best term for the movie could be "bloody".. Which is right in line for a Brotherhood movie.. It could even work as a stand-alone.

The animation could've been better, its good..for 2009...but as a 2011 release it should've been a bit better..

Sadly the old hands aside from Ed and Al have rather small parts if they showed up at all..

My final thoughts:
I like this movie loads more than Conqueror of Shamballa since it still retains its identity as an Fma movie in the Fma setting. While its not as great as I'd hoped it would be, it is still a very good movie which I insist all Fma fans should watch. My friend whose anime life consists of all the Dragonballs thought "it was fucking awesome"

7.5/10 animation