straydog's avatar

• dallas,tx
  • Joined Sep 15, 2010

Planetes

Nov 30, 2010

if you are looking for a good dramatic astro-romance. then you have hit the mother load. now im not going to waste my time discribing the details that the other reveiws you've undoubtably read explane better than me. instead i'll just say that with all the detail to the characters, the story, and the setting.i damned near threw my laptop out the window everytime the megavideo timelimit hit..hell i went out and bought a pair of those hand grip work out tools that they use in the show.  all in all i found it to be a great watch and recomend this to anyone.

9.7/10 overall

sothis says...

I just finished Planetes as well, having seen only 10 episodes of the series while it was airing (and just rewatched in full last weekend). Definitely a great series. The ending annoyed me and Lucie's subplot was irritating, but fantastic overall.

I see you have Twin Spica marked want to watch - imo it's the best rec for Planetes, though bear in mind that it starts out really interesting (the isolation test for example is an easter egg from Twin Spica due to sharing same staff), and then turns into weird supernatural/boring drama. Two others to add to your list are Wings of Honneamise and Moonlight Mile - I didn't love either but they are hard sci fi and at least have a character similar to Hachimaki.

By the way, VivisQueen has a site review up for Planetes with no comments: http://www.anime-planet.com/reviews/a589.html

I'm sure she'd love to hear what you think about the reivew or the series ^_^

Nov 30, 2010