ssimon98's avatar

ssimon98

• Joined Jan 15, 2011

Yumeria

Jul 30, 2011

Ughh.. i hate Yumeria, i hate it. But more on that later lets get on with the story (according to anime planet)

"When Mikuri Tomokazu fell asleep on his 16th birthday, he expected to dream of girls and happy places -- but instead found himself on a strange battlefield in a desolate world! Now, Mikuri is saddled with the responsibility of saving the both the human and dream worlds from forces that could spell their destruction! But, more importantly, he is also saddled with a legion of adoring voluptuous girls."

Sounds interesting? I don't know about you but to me this sounds as interesting as watching a Koala picking it's nose, but even that would probably been more interesting than this pile of blandness.

Über meh, the animation is bland and movement is choppy. Mikuri is especially insulting, it's like the creators had a checklist with all the clichés they could come up with. The costumes also doesn't add anything new. But shockingly enough is that the action scenes actually look half decent!

If my ears could cry they would, with the most annoying opening known to man and voice actors that will make you wish you were watching Arnold Schwarzenegger performing Hamlet, this anime takes cute to a new level and not in a good way. And also did a mention that one of the characters only can say their name instead of talking?

I can sum up all the character in two words: bland and cliché.

Overall

Yumeria is just another bland ecchi "comedy" that you should avoid.

4.5/10 animation