snivets's avatar

snivets

• In front of my coffee cup
  • Joined Nov 14, 2009
  • 26 / ?

Chihayafuru 2

Jun 29, 2013

I keep waiting for a confession, but Chihayafuru 2 is a big huge tease. The focus, as in the first season, was on the competitive karuta aspect--making it more or less a sports show--with just enough hints of developing relationships between characters to string you along and leave you wanting more. Gah!

Story: Chihayafuru's story is typical of any other sports show, highlighting aspects of training and spending a lot of time battling weird opponents. The only distinguishing feature (and the feature that puts it solidly in the shoujo category) is the romance, but it's so light it's barely there.

Animation & Sound: I really like the voice actors in this show, as well as the music. Animation is boring, but decent.

Characters: This season sees some of the characters developing more, but also has a few leaning-toward stereotypical characters, like Hanano. The character development is slow & gentle, but rewarding, and the characters are what bring you back for more.

Overall: I can't wait for more!!! If you liked what you got in season 1, keep watching. Also recommended for shoujo fans, and people who don't mind waiting for confessions to happen. :)

7.5/10 story