snivets

Marie & Gali

13 MAY
2013

Marie & Gali is about a young girl who finds herself transported into Galihabara, a magical land where famous scientists of days past are alive and thriving. She meets Galileo, Madame Curie, and others, learning about science in order to go home.

Story: The story provides a frame for Marie to learn about some scientific principle or another. Usually involving a ridiculous problem which must be solved, the comedy manages to be both clever and stupidly slapstick. Don't watch this one for a complex plot.

Animation: I gave this a slightly higher score because I love love love Pet and Marie's character design. Definitely on my dream cosplay list. It's also animated fairly well for a short series.

Sound: Gets high points because I can still sing the opening song and hear the characters voices.

Characters: Terribly clever combinations of Japanese-ness and witty references to what they actually did for the world, the characters are ridiculous caricatures of famous historical scientists. They are the best part of this show.

Overall: Entertaining, clever, short, and comedic, this show really delivers a good viewing experience for a series of shorts. It gets bonus in my book for being somewhat educational, and is definitely cute. If you like shorts, science, parodies, and stories about people in a strange world, do not miss this one.

Other Anime Reviews by snivets

Steamboy user review by snivets

Steamboy