snivets's avatar

snivets

• In front of my coffee cup
  • Joined Nov 14, 2009
  • 26 / ?

Blast of Tempest

Apr 4, 2013

I almost gave up on this one because of the characters' propensity for making long-winded speeches about Exodus/Genesis/time travel/twisting logic/bizarre Shakespeare references.

Ultimately, I would consider Zetsuen no Tempest very, very average. The characterization is fairly strong, but the particulars of the world ending are annoying vague and feel contrived. Too much in the story exists because you know the author thought it was cool.

Take it or leave it: it's not a drop-it-like-it's-hot show, but neither is it a must-watch show.

Panta says...

It uses logic and makes you think, so it's bad?

I was expecting action but I was neither disappointed by the logic and insightful speeches. It is a very cerebral experience that reveals more of its characters through speech than it does action.

You have your opinion, but don't put something down just because of its intelligence. Exodus, Genesis, time travel, were all important parts of the plot and for us to understand them they would have had to debate it among themselves. I'm thankful that there wasn't one character that immediately knew how the world worked, that they had to deliberate and doubt themselves.

I didn't for once feel that anything in this show was vague or contrived. For those reading this "review," if you're now hesitant to watch this show, ignore it. Go watch Blast of Tempest and I guarentee you will enjoy it if you like Shakespeare or logical shows.

Aug 3, 2013
cloudpatrol says...

I strongly disagreee with this. I loved this show!

Apr 14, 2013