sirjisu's avatar

• South Carolina
  • Joined Jan 10, 2014

FLCL

Jan 10, 2014

One of my favorite anime of all time. It is also one of the first anime i ever completed. I guess we can start by simply going down the score list.

Story - There is three main story lines that this anime has all wraped up into one 6 episode series. You have Naota who is a young boy who is living his normal life. He is around 12 years old and his hitting puberty. The whole show it shows his struggles of going through this stage that we have or will have to go through. And, its done really well. Merged into that, aliens are having a battle with a government orginization. Who doesnt like that? The best part is, its subtle and slides right into his semi-normal daily life. Very small action scenes happen but when they do, they go all out. And then it settles back down. The boy is dragged into this battle while he is still struggling with growing up. Finally to finish it off there is an orginization called Medical Mechanica who is trying to take over his town, but what makes this so unqie is its a massive metaphor for something on a much bigger picture. One of the best things is, everyone has a different theory on the show.

Animation - Oh man. The colors. The way the style changes so many times. It just fits the theme of this anime so well. The action is really well done. The charecters look very unqie. Nothing at all to complain about when it comes to animation with this.

Sound - Most, if not all, songs are done by the same band. First off, the songs are just really good. 2nd, the fit perfectly into the anime. Very unique and themed to the series. It set the mood when it needed too. Couldnt have been better.

Characters – I loved the characters. I may not have liked them because of certain reasons but they were really well done with personalities and dialogue. The back stories were very good and intriguing and how it tied them together.

Overall - A must watch. If you dont like this anime, its because you dont like to think in depth on things and dont appreciate metaphors.