seine's avatar

• Joined Jul 9, 2012
  • ? / F

Mirai Nikki TV

Jul 15, 2012

Several years ago, I had read the first chapter of the Mirai Nikki manga in the back of another manga. Since then, I had looked for it in book stores everywhere for the manga with little success. So when I found that they had made an anime of it, I just had to watch it. And I must say, I'm very pleased that I did.

Story: 9/10

Though I admit that the ending wasn't nearly what I was looking forward to, nor one that I particularly like, the story beforehand was absolutely insane, and I mean that in a good way. There is a good, balanced amount of drama, action, and romance, and the plot is always twisting in to something exciting. I never quite knew what was going to happen next, and the thrill certainly got my heart racing more than just once.

Art: 8/10

Considering that I rate art/animated very harshly, a score of 8 is very good. It's both twisted and cute, and it fits the story line extremely well. The animation isn't always as fluid as I'd like, but the art itself is always constant and shows few mistakes.

Sound:9/10

The music in this anime are nothing short of astounding. It never fails to match the scene in question, and both openings and endings gave me chills when I heard them the first several times. I look forward to downloading the soundtrack later on.

Character: 8/10

My one complaint about this series would be it's characters. Most of the characters die before much development can be seen, of course, but Yuki's character execution is not what I would have liked to have seen. Yuno, however, is a good character that makes me see a positive side in stalking. However, even with Yuno's perfect execution and classic Yandre syndrome, I would have given this portion a much lower number if it hadn't had been for Minene (9th) and Akise, who are such outstanding and well executed characters that I have to up the character rating for their sake.

Overall: 9/10

In the end, Mirai Nikki is a classic and unforgettable tale about survival, insanity, and twisted relationships. It has down-points, several down-points, but the good things about it are so outstanding that they make up for them. I recommend this anime to anyone looking for a good adrenalin rush or is interested in something unique. You will find both in Mirai Nikki.

NicoNicoDesu says...

You rate art very harshly, and yet you think this has wonderful artwork.

What is this I don't even--

Jul 26, 2012
roriconfan says...

You can't call something a classic before it is a decade old. And this show will be forgotten fast so it won't become one.

Jul 22, 2012