scizorg45

Baby, Please Kill Me!

20 AUG
2012

Kill me baby, the review.

When I started watching Kill me baby, I didn’t really know what to expect. Sure, I read it featured assassins and ninja’s, fit into some random high school playground, but that was about it. The opening was horrible, so after the first watching, I skipped that altogether. On with the stor--- Oh wait.. It seems everyone forgot to actually hire anyone to write any kind of story? No worries! We’ll just do a lucky star rip-of.  What could go wrong?

Well, other than the fact that I like my stories and that the concept has been done to death (take a few random high-school students with distinct personalities, throw a few random events at them, make their reactions over the top so no-one can relate to them but everyone enjoys them ???? profit).

On the point of distinct personalities: There are only 3 (4 if you count the redhead which shows up in only 2 episodes, 1 minute each). Azumangah dajoh and lucky star both thrive on the different personalities and the interactions between them. If you take away the quantity of personalities (and, to be fair, the quality as well), the series is bound to get less interesting.

So, we have no story, uninteresting characters and a mediocre animation style (whoops, guess that’s another point down the drain). What does this series have going for itself? Well, if you look at the back-to-back comedy style of the series, it’s actually quite good. I guess you could call it one of the  (only) redeeming factors of the series. So if the comedy is good, why am I bashing this series with a broken club filled adorned with needles? I guess because I was expecting a bad lucky star rip-off, I was watching as if the series was a bad lucky star rip-off. But it really tries to do something else completely. The series isn’t top of the notch, but it’s enjoyable to watch.

Oh, the opening is truly horrendous by the way.. Skip it.

Other Anime Reviews by scizorg45