default avatar

• Joined Apr 28, 2011
  • ? / ?

Lovely Complex

Jan 4, 2013

Lovely complex takes the cake as a romantic comedy anime.

It made me laugh as much as Ouran high school host club,

Made me cry as much as Kanon.

The story follows Risa, an overly tall japanese student and her rival, Otani who is very short for his age. The entire plotline follows their life through highschool and the drama that ensues between them.

One Enjoyable factor of this anime was the strength in the female lead. She was not afraid to speak her mind, and broke the stereotypes that many animes carried. While she remained a little bit clingly, she was able to express herself when it came down to it, and did not wait for the boy to come to her.

The anime gave me the warmest feeling every time I've watched it, and in total I have completed the series 5 times over the passed two years or so. It ends on a high note putting a great end to a fantastic series.

If this anime was a novel, it would be what we call a 'page turner'. The only downside to this series is when you begin to watch, you really can't stop. The beginning is a bit slow, but by the third episode it begins to get really good and therefore it is a high recommendation of mine.

I loved how every single character gets closure and not a single story is left unsatisfied. The english subs were completely accurate, and has left me on the ground in streams of laughter due to the hilarious dialogue and comical depictions of the character.

I would reccomend this anime to anyone who loves a good story, a happy ending and a good laugh.