I am comment banned, so join me in Skype for anything you would like to talk about. Look for "Peter Malousis - ThatAnimeSnob"
Watch my youtube videoshttps://www.youtube.com/user/ThatAnimeSnob
You must be logged in to leave comments. Login or sign up today!
Look at your responses. Do you see how you try to logically analyze everything and apply your bias to it? Again, there is really little point to argue if you aren't going to let go of your bias. If all you care about is winning, then I truly pity you. That is why you cannot ever hope to understand what I'm saying.
You claim doom and gloom. Bad! It's detrimental! We are killing the community! With little evidence to support your claim except your own bias. You have an idea of what should be and impose that on others. You are just as bad as Lelouch's father in Geass. Good intentions, no consideration of others. No respect for individual thought.
This type of behavior can be seen in Bill O'Reilly. I bet you watch his show and support his claims without question. You two are so similar. You accept standards and systems without questioning whether they should even exist in the first place just because you need to sustain order in your head.
"Just delete anything I worked on my whole life and which works fine for most people? Ain’t going to happen." See? Do you see my point man? Your ideas actually don't work fine for most people. Do you see how many people don't approve of your ideas? Your inability to even accept that you could possibily be wrong blinds you. You can't let go and try to accept other viewpoints. You absolutely have to have it your way. Do you see how ridiculous that is? Do you see how utterly ridiculous it is to impose your view on others?
If you make this about winning or losing, I don't care man you can take the win if it makes you feel better about yourself. But I really, truly pity you if you think of the world in such black and white terms to make it about black and white, right and wrong, proper and improper, and winning or losing. The world is not black and white. To enforce that idea is just wrong. Above all, to live life under such extreme terms would be just boring.
Logical thinking is not what makes anime great its imagination your probably too old to have any why watch anime if you don't enjoy it!?Sounds like your wasting your time on all this just saying you have the right to your own opinion and I respect that but you should really open up your mind if all your gonna do is be ignorant to what makes anime good and only state the faults there is tons of anime I will never like thats why I stop watching after the 3rd-5th episode.Nothing is perfect everything has its faults but hope you can enjoy the anime you decide to watch in the future as a anime lover thats all I can wish for you.:)
A) It doesn't have to be a war. You missed my point.
B) Why is being offended bad? It's acceptable human behavior. Your need to justify the use of a guideline is what blinds you from understanding what I'm saying. Ask yourself why it is you feel the use of a guideline is the best method. Not think, I mean feel. There is a difference, and that is the point I'm trying to convey.
C) I disagree with you completely. You just use this logic to justify the need to see reason in everything. Logic and reason doesn't not equal emotion and internal thought. Logic and Reason / Emotion and Sensory. They are two very different sides to the same coin. To shrug off one side means you disapprove of the very core things that make a human being a human.
2) Why would you not? Is it not okay to say what you feel even if it doesn't make sense?
3) Why not? Are you afraid of failure? Failing is a learning process. Winning is a teaching process. Both are extreme valuable. When you win all the time and have a desire to do so, it only implies that you are a very needy individual who has a set philosphy and needs to impose those thoughts and beliefs on others.
5) Again, bad? I like hentai.
7) This here is just you not wanting sensoring types to overpower logical thought. You seek an idea where everyone can rationalize and should rationalize. This is just not fair to ask of people. It's downright impossible. You might see yourself changing others opinions in debate. But who do you think even would attempt to try to speak and discuss with you? More than likely very introverted individuals. Extroverted and Sensory people would not even bother with your text, dismissing it as a pain to read.
Just because something does not make sense logically does not mean it is not good material. It creates discussion amongst people debating what they thought happened and for what reasons. Is this not a good way to get people to think and discuss in a pure manner? Logic is not the most important thing. What matters most is the message, intent, and delivery of material. I don't understand why people need to rationalize every single piece of everything. You just can't do that.
8) Ah yes, the opinion bullet point. Do you see how bias this bullet point is? Do you see how you are attempting to impose your believes on others? Trying to justify it using misguided statistical data that is irrelevant to the points that I am even talking about. But okay, I will respond to your opinions with my opinions. Know that they are not fact but my opinion. I respect your opinion.
Firstly, I've noticed you've rated FMA:B above Geass in your rating page. Now, maybe it's because I haven't completely analyzed FMA:B like I have with Geass, but I have to admit that I feel that Geass' writing is superior to Brotherhood. I actually don't think the gap is that big, and there's a lot of different factors that made both series successful. For Geass, it was plot turns and twists. Playing on big events that made huge impacts to give the viewer a sense of excitement and wonder. "What is going to happen next?" this is something that Geass did better than Brotherhood.
Brotherhood on the other hand had much better character development. Personally, that is why I think Brotherhood was so good, well FMA in general. The feeling of caring about a character is very powerful. It's something that Geass sadly failed in. I disliked a lot of Geass characters, but it's strengths outweighed its failures. In my opinion
I am a fan of cute things such as moe. I'm not too big of a fan of fanservice. If I wanted to watch porn I'd watch porn. But I can see the appeal. The thing is, who am I to tell people that they shouldn't watch it? Who am I to tell others that material like this is what is killing the community and so forth. The fact is, if you dislike the direction of the community, you simply find another activity that resonates with your personality better and that's that. The only thing you are doing is trying to change a natural progression of a community for your own personal wish to remain intelligent. Ridiculous. You are asking for an awful lot.
But really, it doesn't seem like you are really understanding anything I'm trying to say. The only way you'll be able to is if you take everything you've ever learned about what is proper and good and deleted it from memory and then reading my words again. Some people can't turn that switch off in their head. It took me awhile to learn how to do it. When you can, get back to me and we will talk again. Until then.
Ok i just watched the video you send me.............I'm still trying to figure out what I just watched
Now before I respond to this I'd like for you to take note of everything you've stated. Look at your writing. Everything is so...thought out and logical. It makes sense and is coherent. I can object to your statements with my own logic and apply my opinions to paper, but that would not really change anything. My entire point of my post was to show you that you are extreme with your thought process.
You linked me a website that defines what reviews should be. Who are these people that wrote this? Who gives them the right to define what they should be? Is it simply the ability to convey convincing opinions using logic to draw people in? People with power determine rules and standards. They use their external dominance in order to draw people to them that seek answers and truth. That is how all standards and rules come to be.
Just because it is a standard and a rule does not make it absolute. Having boundaries in itself limits the capabilities of what could be. I am okay with such boundaries in logic and reason such as mathematics. The entire basis of math is a set of rules and functions. It's harder to justify applying the same type of logic to something as abstract as an art form.
I'll come back to this in a bit. I'll respond to your numerical bullet points with my own.
1. I will ask him if he is okay with discussion. If he agrees I will send him your way.
2. Oh but you do even if you don't really know it. The entire thought process behind clarification is an internal desire to pass on knowledge and create a connection. You wish for people to understand your viewpoint and to accept it. I do the exact same thing.
3. Valid point. Surely conversation of any kind with someone of high intellect regardless of what the topic is very interesting. The fact that you have labled discussion as "war" says a lot about your personality type. Using a term such as "war" implies that you are fighting against those that oppose you. Opposites and ridiculers. People who hate your traits and cannot ever hope to understand what you are saying, let alone want to. I've used the term in the past as well though I wasn't sure what I was getting at internally. For me, it was simply a desire for people to understand as I do. The satisfaction as you have stated when you succeed in clarification and winning in an argument or debate is extremely rewarding for you. When you really get down to it, the reason why you feel rewarded is because you are happy that you've gotten your point across. The battle itself is enjoyable in its own right for its own reasons, but you first mentioned your desire for winning which to me sounds as though that is the end goal, rather than the process of the battle itself.
5. I mean, I agree with you. The problem is that others don't see it that way. In their minds Lucky Star is the greatest anime ever and is a masterpiece. Or insult any random cult otaku following show in. They cannot look past their bias. They might be wrong, but in their heads that is what they actually believe. So when you use logic and reason to try to tell them that they are wrong, they will get upset and tell you that you are elitist and ridiculous and so forth. Do you see the problem with it? It's just a circle of ridicule and hate that never ends. The thinkers and rationalists use their logic to try to tell these sensory individuals that they are wrong. But they have always just went with what they felt rather than thought. Arguing with these types of people does no good. It creates conflict that is damaging. Hate breeds cancer within community. Nobody can understand each other when everyone hates each other.
6. True. Just 90% as you've stated.
Try not to rationalize too much. The human mind is interesting because we operate with feelings and emotions. Defining rules as proper boundaries just limits us. Why can't there be illogical reviews? Why must there be a proper way of review? The only thing guidelines do is create a document that tells people they are wrong for using different methods. Why the limitations? Is the need for such a concrete definition really so important?
Relax. Human beings are irrational. Forcing them to be completely rational when they do not have the ability to do so is actually completely irrational.