I am comment banned, so join me in Skype for anything you would like to talk about. Look for "Πέτρος Μαλούσης - ThatAnimeSnob"
Watch my youtube videoshttps://www.youtube.com/user/ThatAnimeSnob
You must be logged in to leave comments. Login or sign up today!
You know what people do when they are losing arguments? They try to change the main focal point of the argument all together in an attempt to come back and make a point. I don't fall for that shit, sorry.
I don't debate facts. There are no facts. The only fact here is that you haven't read anything I've said. Tell me why I should even consider thinking that your opinions are fact. Go back and do that and then maybe I will respond to your opinions with my own.
Here's a friendly piece of advice though, just from one debater to another. Both of us probably want people to open up and accept our ideas, right? Who do you think most people will open up to and accept? You or me? It's not always about being right or wrong. If you want people to see you, you have to connect with them. No matter who you debate and whether you win or lose, the idea is that you want to connect other people to that idea. If you can't do it in a way that isn't insulting of other views or degrades others values then you will never be able to impose your viewpoint on anyone other than people just like yourself.
Respond to the following questions. If you can't do even that then I won't give you the time of day.
1) Why do you think you have such an extreme viewpoint of good and bad? Do you feel that having good or bad definitions limit society? Why or why not?
2) Why do you enjoy logic and reason? Is it because you need to make sense of the world around you? Or, is it because you feel as though you want to be above those that cannot apply logic to certain things.
3) Is logic and reason more important than emotion? Do you ever consider feelings to be below logic in determining the value of something?
Here is a very very simple example of what I'm trying to convey to you.
For me: Logic + Feeling = Reason
For you: Logic - Feeling = Reason
Answer my questions. If you try to deviate from the focal argument again with "facts" and "logic" then I'll dismiss you as a troll and move on.
You just don't get it. You don't. I'm not here to argue with bias. So what if I don't use bullet points. Does that discredit what I've said? Does not using a standard form of communication really dismiss any point I have? Bias, of the absolute variety.
Look, I'm not interested in arguing with whether or not a show is better than any other show. There is little point in doing so. People perceive shows as being better than others for different reasons. I would argue my points based on my bias and you would argue your points based on yours. There is little gain in that.
Take my advice. Look at what you are saying. You are rationalizing everything. You aren't reading what I'm saying at all. You are dismissing everything I have to say and using your own bias as the core of your argument.
"Now I am pitiful? Ok then, let's leave aside this rhetorical mambo jumbo and let's have the facts doing talking." No facts, only bias. But here, let me address your main questions and points.
1) I'm not even going to address Geass vs FMA. I disagree with you so drastically on this subject that it's not even worth mentioning. But do you see how I don't automatically tell you that you are wrong? Do you see how I simply accept that you feel that FMA was better? I disagree with what you've stated, but I do not say you are wrong because of it. We perceive things differently. That is all.
2) I enjoyed Evangelion far more than Mirai Nikki. I did overrate Mirai Nikki, but that's probably because I read the manga prior to watching the anime. The animation of MN was pretty but inconsistent. They altered or removed specific things from the manga and made it feel slightly different. Sure. But overall, it was a pretty decent series. Worthy of 3.5 in my eyes.
I hadn't glanced at my bias of the series for whatever reason. If you look at my Top 10 Eva is ranked at 10 where as Mirai Nikki is absent. Research man research. You clearly don't do enough of it. Why am I to take what you say as fact when you clearly just state what you think without fully analyzing? Jumping to conclusions based on your ideals. You are blinded by these ideals.
3) Yes. This is why you can't see what I'm saying. You can't accept you are wrong. You are right in all cases. Stop getting angry that people disagree with you. It's okay to disagree. Nothing to disagree with you say, I disagree with quite a lot of your reviews actually. You sound so heated here though, so I'll leave it at that
4) "10 is something you give to a show without fillers and a solid ending like FMA" Why?
Here, I'll make it easier for you to understand. -- "FMA's ending was disney. Are you on drugs? You're totally and completely wrong here! Naruto is soooo much darker than FMA they kill main characters. FMA is afraid to kill characters therefore Naruto is better!" - Would be a response some fanboy of Naruto would try to use, but it's actually not unlike what you are stating.
You use bias of what you think is good and logically sound and make it an example of what should be. Why should it be that way? Because it makes sense to you? Absolute bias. Arrogance. The cancer that kills all free thought. How pitiful.
5) Excuse you say? People use excuses to disagree with your thought process? I see, well...I dont' really know what to say to this. I've stated it over and over. You just keep rambling on and on about excuses and other various terms to describe those that have a difference in opinion and perception. Your biased opinions of good and bad mean nothing to me. Your idea that everyone must conform to your ideas is simply selflish and it is actually very demanding, I agree. I don't call your reviews out as shit or wrong. I agree with some I disagree with others. I don't make it a point to totally discredit you. Why do you? Are you so incapable of understanding that people perceive differently? How...immature.
6) What I'm about to state is my opinion but shoot, alright. Here's what I think. You probably do like anime. But you only like anime that you view as being worthy of you to watch. You don't like the actual idea of anime itself. Anime is a form of art. Art in itself is a mixture of ideas and concepts that people can interpret differently depending on their likes, dislikes, and general perception of things. You dislike the idea that people don't conform to this black and white idea of yours that everything must be analyzed and make sense. It must be good or bad. It must be of high quality or it should be discarded.
You hate it when you are called out on being wrong. You disqualify their opinion and call them ridiculous for not conforming to your black and white standards. Why? Why do you do this? I think it's likely because you have an internal need to be above others. I actually feel the same way if I'm being completely honest. But, I'm more mature than that. I realize that just because my perceptions and the ability to understand are above average that does not make my opinion or bias more valuable than any other persons.
If you cannot see what I'm saying by now, if you can't try to not look at everything as right and wrong, then I really don't see the point in continuing to discuss with you. You are the cancer that is killing originality and the idea of free thought. Any individual that thinks on such extreme levels is not worthy of praise in my eyes. Those that have the ability to rationalize but also understand the differences in individual perception are the ones that should deserve praise. You aren't even worth my time if you can't even look past your own bias.
Look at your responses. Do you see how you try to logically analyze everything and apply your bias to it? Again, there is really little point to argue if you aren't going to let go of your bias. If all you care about is winning, then I truly pity you. That is why you cannot ever hope to understand what I'm saying.
You claim doom and gloom. Bad! It's detrimental! We are killing the community! With little evidence to support your claim except your own bias. You have an idea of what should be and impose that on others. You are just as bad as Lelouch's father in Geass. Good intentions, no consideration of others. No respect for individual thought.
This type of behavior can be seen in Bill O'Reilly. I bet you watch his show and support his claims without question. You two are so similar. You accept standards and systems without questioning whether they should even exist in the first place just because you need to sustain order in your head.
"Just delete anything I worked on my whole life and which works fine for most people? Ain’t going to happen." See? Do you see my point man? Your ideas actually don't work fine for most people. Do you see how many people don't approve of your ideas? Your inability to even accept that you could possibily be wrong blinds you. You can't let go and try to accept other viewpoints. You absolutely have to have it your way. Do you see how ridiculous that is? Do you see how utterly ridiculous it is to impose your view on others?
If you make this about winning or losing, I don't care man you can take the win if it makes you feel better about yourself. But I really, truly pity you if you think of the world in such black and white terms to make it about black and white, right and wrong, proper and improper, and winning or losing. The world is not black and white. To enforce that idea is just wrong. Above all, to live life under such extreme terms would be just boring.
Logical thinking is not what makes anime great its imagination your probably too old to have any why watch anime if you don't enjoy it!?Sounds like your wasting your time on all this just saying you have the right to your own opinion and I respect that but you should really open up your mind if all your gonna do is be ignorant to what makes anime good and only state the faults there is tons of anime I will never like thats why I stop watching after the 3rd-5th episode.Nothing is perfect everything has its faults but hope you can enjoy the anime you decide to watch in the future as a anime lover thats all I can wish for you.:)
A) It doesn't have to be a war. You missed my point.
B) Why is being offended bad? It's acceptable human behavior. Your need to justify the use of a guideline is what blinds you from understanding what I'm saying. Ask yourself why it is you feel the use of a guideline is the best method. Not think, I mean feel. There is a difference, and that is the point I'm trying to convey.
C) I disagree with you completely. You just use this logic to justify the need to see reason in everything. Logic and reason doesn't not equal emotion and internal thought. Logic and Reason / Emotion and Sensory. They are two very different sides to the same coin. To shrug off one side means you disapprove of the very core things that make a human being a human.
2) Why would you not? Is it not okay to say what you feel even if it doesn't make sense?
3) Why not? Are you afraid of failure? Failing is a learning process. Winning is a teaching process. Both are extreme valuable. When you win all the time and have a desire to do so, it only implies that you are a very needy individual who has a set philosphy and needs to impose those thoughts and beliefs on others.
5) Again, bad? I like hentai.
7) This here is just you not wanting sensoring types to overpower logical thought. You seek an idea where everyone can rationalize and should rationalize. This is just not fair to ask of people. It's downright impossible. You might see yourself changing others opinions in debate. But who do you think even would attempt to try to speak and discuss with you? More than likely very introverted individuals. Extroverted and Sensory people would not even bother with your text, dismissing it as a pain to read.
Just because something does not make sense logically does not mean it is not good material. It creates discussion amongst people debating what they thought happened and for what reasons. Is this not a good way to get people to think and discuss in a pure manner? Logic is not the most important thing. What matters most is the message, intent, and delivery of material. I don't understand why people need to rationalize every single piece of everything. You just can't do that.
8) Ah yes, the opinion bullet point. Do you see how bias this bullet point is? Do you see how you are attempting to impose your believes on others? Trying to justify it using misguided statistical data that is irrelevant to the points that I am even talking about. But okay, I will respond to your opinions with my opinions. Know that they are not fact but my opinion. I respect your opinion.
Firstly, I've noticed you've rated FMA:B above Geass in your rating page. Now, maybe it's because I haven't completely analyzed FMA:B like I have with Geass, but I have to admit that I feel that Geass' writing is superior to Brotherhood. I actually don't think the gap is that big, and there's a lot of different factors that made both series successful. For Geass, it was plot turns and twists. Playing on big events that made huge impacts to give the viewer a sense of excitement and wonder. "What is going to happen next?" this is something that Geass did better than Brotherhood.
Brotherhood on the other hand had much better character development. Personally, that is why I think Brotherhood was so good, well FMA in general. The feeling of caring about a character is very powerful. It's something that Geass sadly failed in. I disliked a lot of Geass characters, but it's strengths outweighed its failures. In my opinion
I am a fan of cute things such as moe. I'm not too big of a fan of fanservice. If I wanted to watch porn I'd watch porn. But I can see the appeal. The thing is, who am I to tell people that they shouldn't watch it? Who am I to tell others that material like this is what is killing the community and so forth. The fact is, if you dislike the direction of the community, you simply find another activity that resonates with your personality better and that's that. The only thing you are doing is trying to change a natural progression of a community for your own personal wish to remain intelligent. Ridiculous. You are asking for an awful lot.
But really, it doesn't seem like you are really understanding anything I'm trying to say. The only way you'll be able to is if you take everything you've ever learned about what is proper and good and deleted it from memory and then reading my words again. Some people can't turn that switch off in their head. It took me awhile to learn how to do it. When you can, get back to me and we will talk again. Until then.