roriconfan's avatar

• Thessaloniki, Greece
  • Joined Dec 22, 2011

Landlock

Jul 26, 2012

Being an early Masamune Shirow work, I expected the usual “ sci-fi with gorgeous women and cool guns” package. But all I got was an empty box.

Very mediocre and unimaginative graphics and music themes to the point of stop paying attention half the time. There are of course beautiful females and detail in machinery but they feel nothing, compared with Shirow’s later works. The only thing I can say that I will clearly remember for life is the bad-guys’ weird-looking airship shape.

A megalomaniac villain is looking for a way to obtain magical-eyed people, who inherit these eyes through genes and control matter. The good-guys are possible possessors and spend most of the time being on the run and being saved by continuous Deus Ex Machina teleportations.

What can I start mocking here? The childish story, the unrealistic plot, the predictable ending or maybe the uninteresting characters? No matter my good intentions, this movie simply felt like a big pile of dunk.

Value your entertainment time by turning the cd this crap is in into a frisbee. Rover, fetch boy!