roriconfan's avatar

roriconfan

• Thessaloniki, Greece
  • Joined Dec 22, 2011

This is the fourth and last of the Inu Yasha movies, taking place towards the end of the first series. Up to now it was sort of a strategy to tribute each new sword technique with a movie but at this point no new moves were introduced and thus the scriptwriter simply invented one just for this filler mission.

The scenario is very weak and most unimpressive even for the tv standards. So far they had being fighting top level demons who could take over the world, control time, and even raise hell. Now they deal with… four convicts??? Surely, where is the excitement in that? Four nobody demons that are trapped on an island and just lure other demons in order to eat them and stay alive. Another annoying feature is the little kids in this movie. You would expect token kids begging for the shounen hero to save them in a Naruto or a One Piece film, but in Inu Yasha it just feels stupid. I guess so many years past that by now the franchise had turned to just another silly show about teenagers saving kids.

The plot is not something great either. All they do is fighting one demon at a time before the last one fuses with the rest to form a last moment big boss. That’s it, nothing more. The previous movies had the decency to try to deal with some sort of drama or romance from the various themes of the main story. This one here does absolutely NOTHING! You could replace the characters with those from any other shounen show and you wouldn’t even know the difference.

Not even the action is something good, since by now Inu Yasha had enough firepower to take on the Devil himself and the enemy demons were just generic bad guys without any backdrop or interesting battle strategies. Not even the setting is good either. It is just a sort of tropical island that appeared on the sea; nothing nightmarish or complicating.

In all, this is a completely pointless movie that has no point in existing. I don’t recommend it one bit.

4.5/10 overall

FotacienShado says...

To be perfectly honest, I've only seen bits and pieces of the series itself, so i cant use that as a foundation, and the movies were bought on impulse one day when I was bored at walmart. I will agree however that the whole kids essence in this was completely pointless.

Jun 21, 2012