reluctantfan's avatar

• Joined Nov 25, 2010
  • ? / ?

Fruits Basket

Jan 30, 2011

This was my very first introduction into the world of Manga and Anime, and no matter what other anime's ive watched Fruits basket has and probably always will be one of my favorites. The main character Tohru Honda is the only character that i dislike somewhat. She seems too shy and her overall character annoys me, BUT the story revolves around that personality. The other characters like Kyo and Yuki are possibly the best part of the story, with their opposite personalities a girl can pick which guy she likes better without being stuck with just one main male character. Each Character has deeper parts to their personalities that are revealed to the viewer with each new episode and it really draws them in. The story line of the Fruits Basket Anime was excellent, despite nothing really wrapping up at the end. For the most part it just ends with everyone looking happy, stopping basically right in the middle of the story. There are some parts they could work on for the anime (like making a second season...hint hint) but it really is very good.