randomredneck's avatar

• Joined Feb 14, 2011
  • ? / M

Acchi Kocchi

Jun 29, 2012

Greetings, fellow anime viewers. It's the one and thankfully only RandomRedneck, here with another review for all y'all. Checking out a show because of total boredom can lead to either good or bad things. In this case, it was a good thing. A hilarious, almost annoyingly cuteness good thing. This, is Acchi Kocchi. Let us begin, shall we?

STORY

Being a comedy about high school students, the story isn't exactly amazing. You've got your typical, episodic type deals here. Having snowball fights, visiting a shrine on New Years, Valentines Day, that sort of thing. But that is in no way a bad thing. It actually works rather well for this show.

ANIMATION

Animation is alright. It shines best during the action-y sort of stuff. like the aforementioned snowball fight, kick the can, volleyball, and so on. Basically, if it's a common kids game, this show will animate it like an action show. And it's pretty awesome.

SOUND

Not really much to mention on the sound front. The opening and ending theme are pretty nice, and the VA's all do good jobs voicing their characters.

CHARACTERS

Hetalia had personifications of countries. Upotte!! had personifications of guns. This show has basically the personification of utter cutenness, in one Tsumiki Miniwa. I mean...good lord. This girl is basically walking cute in human shape. The cat ears help a lot in that regard. Her utterly oblivious crush, Io, is a good character as well. A stoic pencil twirler, with a badass streak in him to boot. He rules. Rounding out the ensemble is Mayoi, a cat mouthed troll with a penchant for weird inventions, Hime, the token sweet and ditzy girl, and Sakaki, who is...Sakaki. Can't exactly describe him very well here. Characters are a great selling point for this show.

OVERALL

This show manages to be annoyingly cute, utterly hilarious, and nicely heartwarming, sometimes all at once. A definite watch if you're looking for a show to make you smile. Check out Acchi Kocchi. You won't be sorry. Thank you.

Yours truly,

RandomRedneck.

6.5/10 story

algiuxas says...

Agreed! I was looking forward to watch the series and it surely was worth the wait. Definately one of the best animes for this year!

Jul 25, 2012
Mykorrhiza says...

I totally agree. When the series started I wasn't to thrilled because of the synopsis. But now I already watched it three times. Your discription of Tsumiki is quite fitting - walking cute in human shape. I watch this on my ipod in the train, people start to wonder why I have such a broad grinning face early in the morning; that's a bit embarrasing though. xD

Jul 5, 2012