randomredneck

Maji de Watashi ni Koi Shinasai!!

27 DEC
2011

Greeting, fellow anime viewers. It's the one and only RandomRedneck, here with another anime review. First episodes can be misleading. They can make you believe a show will be a balls out action series...and then turn out to be a below average harem series. I speak of Maji De Watashi Ni Koi Shinasai. Let us begin shall we?

STORY

If you're watching this show, I hope you weren't expecting a real rich story. The first episode is about some battle between classes. I really wish that's what the story would have followed, because it was pretty awesome. But sadly, it's dropped after the first episode, and becomes your typical harem story. And then some plot about terrorists comes up in episode 2, and isn't followed on for several episodes. Oh, and the eventual choice our "Hero" Yamato picks? His hermit crabs. Yeah, hope you weren't hoping for him to pick an actual character...

ANIMATION

One of those situations where I'll give credit, where credit is due. The animation is pretty good. It's what drew me in during that previously mentioned first episode. The animation makes the fights, when they happen, real fun to watch.

SOUND

It's alright. The opening them is pretty forgettable. Ending theme almost as much, but it's actually kinda catchy, so I'll give it some credit there.

CHARACTERS

Characters are an alright selling point for this show...well, except Momoyo(She's a bitch). We have our main protagonist, Yamato. Strategist, Pervert, and unafraid to whip it out at annoying people. Strangely enough, despite having a house full of willing poon, this guy has his...let's say heart, set on Momoyo. Some super martial arts powered bitch, who shot him down. Twice. And despite said shooting down, when she finds out the other four have a thing for him, she get's unjustly jealous. Real nice. Next up, we have Miyako. Resident scene stealer, and really wants to tap Yamato. My favorite character BTW. Mayuuchi next. Shrinking violet, sword fighter, and loves to talk through some weird little ornament named Matsukaze. She's right behind Miyako for being my favorite. Chris and Wanko sadly, get pretty shafted for individual screen time. Except for one episode each, they kinda get shoved into the background among the chicks. Good characters nonetheless.

OVERALL

This show isn't bad, but it isn't great either. Except for some pretty awesome action scenes, you won't be wowed. Check out Maji De Watashi Ni Koi Shinasai. You won't be sorry...but you won't be thankful either. That is all. Thank you.

Yours truly,

RandomRedneck.

Other Anime Reviews by randomredneck

They Are My Noble Masters user review by randomredneck

They Are My Noble Masters

Blood-C: The Last Dark user review by randomredneck

Blood-C: The Last Dark

• Overall 4.5/10

comments

kio3459 avatar kio3459
Feb 25, 2012

another great review.. I had high hopes for this anime after reading about it.  Like you I got excited after the 1st ep.  All down hill from there... I've gotten half way through and I cant bring myself to watch the rest.  I thought the same exact thing about "bitch" character.. Once you watch a hareem, you kinda watched them all...  Seems like lots of people like this anime.