randomredneck's avatar

• Joined Feb 14, 2011
  • ? / M

Kannazuki no Miko

Mar 24, 2011

Greetings and bienvenue fellow anime viewers. Its RandomRedneck, reviewing something else again.

I've given my thoughts on everything from average (They Are My Noble Masters) to complete crap(Eiken) but today, I'm gonna take a crack at reviewing something that is, in my opinion, was freaking awesome. Kannazuki No Miko. The only show I'll ever admit shedding a tear over.

STORY

The story goes as such. Its just a typical day for Chikane and Himeko. Hang out in a secret spot, go to school, that sort of thing. But its also both girls sixteenth birthday. And of course, turning sixteen in an anime means something bad is going down. Cue the eclipse, and the coming of the Orochi. One giant robot fight and girl on girl kiss later, both learn they are the priestesses of the sun and moon. Its a fairly typical plot from there. Have Souma fight the bad guys for them, fight the strange feelings they have for each other, all that. Then comes a certain episode, with a plot twist i didn't see coming. I won't spoil, but trust me, if you didn't see it coming, you'll probably be staring rather confused like i did. Its actually a fairly simple romance triangle thing underneath it all, but it works, trust me.

ANIMATION

Animation is pretty good actually. The big fights scenes during the show are nice looking.

SOUND

Sound is a good selling point for this show. The score is pretty good, and the opening and ending theme are some damn catchy pieces of work.

CHARACTERS

Characters (at least on the good guy side) are alright. Chikane is your typical ojou. Rich, pretty, and a bit distant in the emotion department. Though she is nice enough let Himeko live with her after her house gets smashed up, so that's a good sign. Himeko is that old annoying type of character, the over apologizer. Though i guess she gets break. Being around another girl you got a mad crush on would make you act like a spaz. Rounding out the three main characters is Souma A.K.A., damn this guy can't catch a break. Technically one of the bad guys, and the three in the threes a crowd romance group. I honestly feel kinda bad for the guy sometimes. The bad guys...bearable is a generous term. An annoying cat girl, a mangaka, and a pop star are some of the bad guys. Not a strong selling point for this show.

OVERALL

Check this show out. Some good action scenes, a good yuri romance thing going on, catchy themes, and an an episode or two that are real tearjerkers (at least for me they were.) Kannazuki no Miko. You wont be sorry. Thank you.

Yours truly,

RandomRedneck

FotacienShado says...

Wow, i mean i accept that there are certain tastes in anime, but this is a fairly high review for such a cheesy anime. I know I know, im no one to judge, there are probably high ranking shows I like that you wouldn't but i donno, this overall plot of Kannazuki was too cheesy, wayyyyy to cheesy. Well whatever floats your battleship

Mar 18, 2012