ragingchaosgod's avatar

• Right behind you.
  • Joined Dec 11, 2007

Kannagi

Mar 4, 2010

I'd heard about Kannagi thanks to Sankaku Complex. It piqued my interest since it had something to do with Japanese myth and being a big fan of any sort of mythology, I went to go take a look and see.

What I found was a fanservice anime that wins my award for OVERHYPED SERIES OF THE YEAR.

Kannagi is supposedly about a goddess who appears in the human world because a human carved a statue out of the sacred tree. Now she has to live with said human. Think a far shallower version of Aa Megami-sama.

None of the characters are memorable and neither is the plot. As I write this review, I'm scrambling for any Kannagi related memory at all. The entire plot seemed pasted on and the entire thing about Nagi battling these shadow... things seemed to happen just when the writers remembered she had to do these things. if you came looking for a slice of life anime with a sprinkling of supernatural qualities, prepare to be disappointed.

You'll learn more about the characters in the extra karaoke episode than the entire series combined. It's almost as if they hired a different writer than the rest of the series.

Don't recommend this to your friends unless they're raging perverts... or if you don't wanna be friends anymore.

Vinniesama says...

The only thing I remember about Kannagi was the 'bean' song. Bootcamp ni iku no nara... MAME KUE! MAME! xD

Oct 19, 2010
ammo1991 says...

i suggest you watch the whole anime before writhing reviews, of course you wouldn't choose a fanservice anime if you look for animes about myths, im just looking for a second season.

And about sankaku complex ... its odd you didnt understand that it was a fanservice anime just by coming from that site xP of course, when searching for tag "magic" this is not what i searched for.

Aug 21, 2010
mshinodayo says...

Totally agree. . it looked quite promising but turned out to be a complete waste of my time. i suggest you recommend this to people you have a personal grudge against.

Jul 12, 2010