default avatar

• 19 / ?

Psycho-Pass

Aug 14, 2014

STORY:

This anime had meaning and a plot, so it's already ahead of a lot of others. The utopia theme has been done many times before this one, but I like the twist they put into it. In general I think a lot of the ideas put into this were very original. And the morals it makes you look at, "What makes it okay to kill another human" was genius. I got to emmit I didn't like the way they ended it, but you don't need to like it to give it respect and I have a lot of respect for this anime.

Animation:

The animation in this show was great. They did well on the fight scenes,pulled of some very difficult shots and the character designs were likeable, cool, bad ass, creative. What more could you ask for in characters.

Sound:

The music they had was what they needed for the scenes they used it for. They could have used more music or could of had different styles of music, other than that one that constantly came up, but the one that constanly came up, came up well. I also liked the into to the first season, no deep reason, just sounded cool.

I was a little dissapointed with the character developement. With 22 episodes they could have done more.  They gave the characters enough motivation, but it felt like there was something missing. Like Makashima's past and why he grew up the way he did. Kogami pointed out that something probably happened, but said he didn't care and that his only objective was to kill him. Nobuchika Ginoza, his past isn't clear at all. They gave you enough to say it was good, but they didn't put that extra "wow" into it. I especially feel bad for Choe Gu-sung. Such a cool character put to waste.

Overall

In the end I found this anime really enjoyable and would recommend it to just about anyone. Hope other people liked this anime as much as I did. I'm proud to give this anime an 8/10 and hope the second season comes out soon.