pokopori's avatar

pokopori

• In Zoro's closet, being sneaky.
  • Joined Nov 15, 2007
  • ? / F

Giant Killing

Sep 26, 2010

I'd like to say its a typical sports anime but it is in some ways and it isn't...

The general plotline is typical.  A weak soccer team meets an eccentric but talented coach and soon, they begin winning games and fulfilling their potential.  Nothing crazy and unexpected here.

The animation wasn't the typical type.  The art style was different, which is, dare I say, refreshing.  Nothing special here though either.

The music, I did like.  It brought the atmosphere of the game to life.  Lets put it this way, the background music was good enough to make me want to own several tracks on it.  Since the first thing I tend to notice about an anime is its background music and since I tend to be picky about my bgm music, this is saying something.

Character development was average.  Didn't particularly LOVE a character but didn't hate any either.  They were all pretty meh.

Overall, I enjoyed it (as I am a generic sports anime fan).  While surprised at its short-ness (only 26 episodes), I guess I'm also thankful its short and sweet.  There's nothing worse than a generic sports anime with never-ending episodes of games after games...  No wait.  I take that back.  There are worse things... like a harem of magical girls all in love with the same wimpy male lead whose spine is nonexistant.  My point is though, the shortness of this series was, while surprising, a good thing about it.  Although, I'm kinda suspecting there might be a season 2?  Who knows. If there is, I'd probably watch it :)