default avatar

• Joined Apr 22, 2011
  • 17 / ?

Cowboy Bebop

Apr 13, 2013

Cowboy Bebop, is truly a revolutionary Anime as well as one of my favorites, which is something really special considering I feel that way even 15 years after its debut in 1998! Everything from its story to its animation to its sound to its characters is way above its time, making it an instant universal classic. I'll start with the story, which some had a few complaints about including the fact that it doesn't follow the main story line for around 75% of the anime, but rather showed the adventures of Spike, Ed, Jet and Faye encountered in their sci-fi universe (a lot of which included background story lines for many of the characters), however not only feel that it was better, but i also felt that it was helpful for it really emphasized those episodes which did cover the exciting story of Spike's past. Speaking of which, the main story line is sure to stir emotions in many, with it being full of everything thats wanted including action, romance, emotions and not to mention the twist ( I forgot to mention it is HALARIOUS at times to). The last few episodes are sure to leave a mark on it's viewers. Overall i gave it a 9.5 out of 10. Next i'll go on to the animation, which i admit suprised me...in a good way. When was first thinking of watching this show i was reluctant, for i wasn't sure if the animation would be good due to the date in which it was aired, yet i was shocked to see how surprisingly good it was! Trust me when i say, not a detail is missed through the fast paced action scenes to the heart warming romantic scenes. So overall its very very good, and i'm not sure if it was the surprise factor, but i give it a 10 out of 10! Next i'll go on to the sound, which like the animation surprised me. Both the opening and ending theme songs were amazing, and really suited the style of the anime. To add to that, the songs played through the anime were also astounding, and unlike other anime i watch where I just forget about the songs overtime, these ones really stick to you, for they bring out so much more in the anime. The sound in general is also very very good in the anime, and you can see how the creators made sure no detail was left out. Overall I gave the sound a 10 out of 10. Lastly I come to the characters. To be honest I loved Spike from the start, for he is cool and easy going, yet he fight like a monster, which is shown in the early stages of the anime. The other three, Faye, Jet and Ed took me some time to like, yet after getting used to them as well as learning their back stories, not only have i come to like them, but i have come to love them! The villian, a man name Vicious, is also amazing for being exactly what he is supposed to be... a cold-hearted person who is evil throughout the anime. But that is exactly what made me love him! The creators do well to make almost every charcter relay a certain emotion to the audience, whether it be hate, respect or utter bewilderness (I'm talking about Mad Pierrot who is one heck of a unique character :P). Without giving any spoilers or using bad language, just know that there are many surprises in terms of characters awaiting you in this show. Overall i gave the characters a 10 out of 10. So there you have it, basically i think this is an AWESOME, one of a kind anime that is a must see for every anime as well as sci-fi lover. In fact, i'm pretty sure anyone would fall in love with the show when they watched it, for it has the perfect balance of all the right things needed to create an instant classic. I loveeeeddd this anime and I'm sure you will to. Overall I gave Cowboy Bebop 9.8 out of 10

9.5/10 story