okami31

Gundam Wing

30 AUG
2012

This is one of the first anime I ever watched and probably the first long series I finished.

It is the first anime series I purchased in its entirety (together with “Record of Lodoss War”) and probably the first anime I watched that had political overtones.

It also has a special place, because it was one of the very few anime that my older sister enjoyed with me.

It just felt way different than anything else I was watching at the time (“Dragonball Z” and such) and it opened my eyes to anime that could have giant robots and not be silly like “Mazinger” or “Voltes V”.

The only problem recommending “Gundam Wing” now is that it is outdated. I mean, we’re talking about an anime from the ‘90s. It doesn’t matter how good it was considered to be back then, it cannot compete in animation quality with the current ones.

So, I can only recommend it to Gundam fans or mecha fans who do not mind watching an older anime for another epic Gundam series that deals as much with politics and ideologies as it does with mechas fighting mechas.

Otherwise, you can get a similar feel by watching “Code Geass”, “Gundam Seed” or “Gundam 00”.

Other Anime Reviews by okami31