okami31's avatar

• Orlando, FL
  • Joined Aug 29, 2012

Burst Angel

Aug 29, 2012

I only watched 5 episodes of this series and dropped out.  Maybe it gets better but based on what I saw; I wasn't keen on devoting hours to it.

WHAT’S GOOD?

Some of the character designs are appealing, yet their personalities or "attitudes" are not.

WHAT’S BAD?

One of the main characters is a male-looking girl named Joe.  This might be somebody's cup of tea, but for a main character that I was going to see a lot of, she wasn't that interesting. Especially, because it seems her only job is to save her ditzy best friend, another main character that has a huge penchant for getting into situations that need quick rescue.  Yes, in 5 episodes that happened enough times to be noticed.

The action scenes with the mecha use CGI that maybe in 2004 it was good, but now it looks dated, clunky and ugly.  The rest of the action scenes are fine.

RECOMMEND?

I cannot say that in the reviews world, a rating after just 5 episodes is fair, but in my world, where my precious hours have to be divvied up among many different hobbies; this anime failed to grab my attention and deserved no more of my time.