nasreen10's avatar

• Joined Jun 3, 2009
  • ? / F

Blood-C

Dec 12, 2011

Story: This is one of the first series that I completely started anew with. Every week was the only new information I got about Blood-C. I finally understood what people mean when they say a series is slow. Waiting every week for something new to happen can be frustrating. That being said, Blood-C started of with a formula. Saya's journey to the cafe, school, and then the last couple of minutes was a fight with an Elder's Brain. The next couple of episodes felt the same with a little bit of information. Finally, things picked up. Things were getting mysterious, strange and outlandish. I was intrigued. However, The finale just crashed all of this. Pieces were just missing. I just thought to myself: "C'mon, Clamp. Really.". I don't know whether or not my expectations were just high but this was definitely a fail. Maybe the movie makes up for this but this was just not successful. In addition, the last episode is not for the squimish. Actually, the entire series is not for the squimish. I was not expecting that much violence and gore. I turned my head away a few times to be honest.

Animation: I'm going to come out and say that I am a fan of Clamp's work so I adored the character designs. They do have a distinct style. The movements were fluid and the Elder Brains were freaky and creepy. I definitely will remember quite a few regardless of how much I don't want to. The movements were surprisingly fluid. A lot of gore. If you're not into that, then not the series for you.

Sound: I loved the opening theme. I don't remember the ending theme. The soundtrack felt like game music (not necessarily a bad thing) especially when Saya fought an Elder Brain. It felt like she was fighting the final boss (not a bad thing just not what I expected). The rest was alright but I can't quite remember it. Maybe I would notice a second time but I don't really want to see this a second time. I would love to get the opening theme though.

Characters: Similar to the plot. So much promise to be disappointed at the end.

Overall: Disappointing. The opening theme is nice though. Maybe the movie makes up for this.

2.5/10 story

hoffstyle says...

I wasn't making fun of your spelling, I can see how the difference between the two words would be easy to confuse..it was the Irony of "brains" in this mindless garbage that made me roflmao.

Dec 14, 2011
hoffstyle says...

I don't know why, but "last couple of minutes was a fight with an Elder's Brain" made me laugh very hard. Spot on review, a little higher score than I gave it but it seems you know crap too, when you see it.

Btw, it's Elder Bairn fyi.

Dec 13, 2011