nasreen10's avatar

nasreen10

• by a piano
  • Joined Jun 3, 2009
  • ? / F

Story: It was a truly bizarre concept. I have never thought of One Piece as being creepy but this movie definitely was. However, we do get some action, comedy, and Luffy being a hero which is nice anytime of the day. It's not a complete waste but it is a pretty freaky movie. There are also some holes at the end though.

Animation: I have never given something a question mark but that is how strange the animation was. Usually animation for anime movies is similar to the anime itself but has better quality. This was completely different animation. I've a seen a very tiny amount of this style in the anime but it just felt strange watching because all of the cast just looked and moved differently which doesn't settle well. However, it does make it visually interesting so I am unsure with the scoring. Also, it does add to the creepy factor in this movie.

Sound: A little less than the anime. It didn't have my favorite soundtrack pieces which was disappointing. I don't remember much of it which says how lackluster it was.

Characters: Same as the series for the main cast. However, the villan and the other characters were lackluster or creepy. I didn't feel much for them.

Overall: It isn't awful but beware that this is kind of creepy and the animation style is different. I wouldn't purchase this movie but I don't regret watching it.