nasreen10's avatar

• Joined Jun 3, 2009
  • ? / F

Chobits

Mar 21, 2011

Story: I'm usually not into the whole techonolgy thing but I love Clamp so I thought I would give this a try. I was pleasantly surprised. I loved the ethical and moral questions that Chobits brought up. I think they are valid and are more relatable as techonology grows in our present day. I loved the pacing and the picture book stories. I'm not a fan of ecchi but I do admit that it lightened up the manga so that it wouldn't be too heavy. I thought the romance was endearing as well. I think it really makes you think which is what Clamp does best.

Art: It's Clamp. What more can I say.

Characters: I read a lot of romance mangas. What I see too often are characters without much depth. However, that's not quite the case here. There is no clear or concise word that could describe them. Althought they may not seem as deep at first, they truly are. I was surprised. The relationships are deep as well.

Overall: A terrific romance and scifi story that raises questions. It's deep but has lighter aspects to balance it. It holds up my expectations for Clamp's work.