nasreen10's avatar

• Joined Jun 3, 2009
  • ? / F

Honey and Clover II

Dec 22, 2010

Story: It picks up where Honey and Clover left off. Unlike the first, this is more plot driven, although that's not a bad thing. However, there is noticably a lot more drama. There is still a lot of comedy but not as much. That's a given knowing that this season is much shorter and had to tie up a lot of loose endings. It has the same feel of the first season but with more drama. The ending was bittersweet and understandable. Not predictable but it made a lot of sense. Although I didn't like some of the decisions, there were the best ones that the characters could make. It left me feeling sad and happy at the same. If you've seen the first, I would definitely recommend watching this one as well. It does do the first justice but the ending does feel complete. Kind of open ended in a sense but still complete.

Animation: Same as previous.

Sound: Almost the same as before expect an inapproriate song at a dramatic scene. Would have been 10 but that moments really stood out.

Characters: Same as before but with more drama to their characters.

Overall: I loved it and was sad too. However, it was the right ending and I would definitely watch this again and recommend this to anyone who wants a good series about life and love. Sometimes second seasons don't deliver but this one definitely did.

9.8/10 sound