nasreen10's avatar

• Joined Jun 3, 2009
  • ? / F

Nerima Daikon Brothers

Dec 13, 2010

Story: It's a bundle of laughs and some perverted humor. It's not nearly as perverted as Seitokai Yakuindomo but it's definitely adult humor. However, it definitely delivers in this aspect. For the most part, it was episodic but towards the end you actually got some plot. It never gets too dramatic which is a good thing. It's meant to be funny and it does so. The songs are hilarious too. There are some running gags but they work. It's really nice when you need something that's funny and not serious.

Animation: Nothing amazing because it wasn't going for it. The characters look a little chunky. The more minor characters just look the same. The movements are awkward and the backgrounds are ok. It won't dazzle you with it's animation but it does make you laugh which is the point.

Sound: The songs don't quite flow but it goes together well enough in order make you laugh. I watched the English dub for this but it was still ok. Some of the voices were a little annoying but not enough to make my ears bleed. The emotions were hilarious especially Ichiru's deadpan voice. I laughed a lot but the music got a little repeative. One thing to warn you, these guys don't have amazing singing voices but they get the job done pretty well.

Characters: There is a little bit of development toward the end but for the most part, the characters are pretty much the same. They're funny and they make you laugh but most of the them annoyed. I liked Ichiru, pandadaikon, Pops and Dedictive Widget. Everyone else kind of annoyed. However, they didn't annoy me enough to make Nerima Daikon unlikable. I still wanted to continue watching.

Overall: Great comedy. If you need a laugh with something that's not serious, this is perfect.

7.5/10 story