nasreen10's avatar

• Joined Jun 3, 2009
  • ? / F

Toradora SOS!

Dec 6, 2010

Story: The only reason why this score is as high as it is because of the food. I really love my food. Therefore, that was the only redeeming quality of this four episodes. The food which wasn't even done well. I know that parody aren't supposed to stay completely true to the anime but this was just awful and not funny. At most I might have got a half laugh/smile. The entire episodes didn't make much sense and the only connecting theme was the food. I love Toradora and I hate to see how badly they messed up with these specials. There is nothing special about them. They're not even so bad that they're funny. They're just bad. Also, the Inko part at the end is just creepy.

Animation: They're all chibified but are only cute half the time. I liked the little added details like the dog ears but it could only do so much. The rest of the background was mediocre and the food looked abysmal. Just not well done and I know it was supposed to be a parody but the animation did nothing to heighten humor. It just failed like the plot.

Sound: I'm not sure if they kept the same voice actors because the voices were not that good. The music was mediocre most of the times and they used my favorite piece (Lost my Pieces) in the most inappropriate time. It didn't make it funny so it just failed. The ending seemed out of the place.

Characters: Annoying for the most part. I LOVE my Toradora! cast and these people were not them. They're were probably going for super exagerrated forms of the original characters but they ended up with a group of annoying people.

Overall: I was so excitied at first to hear about Toradora! special. I thought I was going to get more Toradora! goodness but I all I got was a waste of 20 minutes. If you loved Toradora!, you're probably going to cry when you see what they did with this (in a bad way).

4.5/10 animation