nasreen10

11 FEB
2010

Story: Conqueror of Shamballa's plot does not come ANYWHERE near FMA's in creativity and coherency. The two worlds were not fully developed and neither was the rest of the plot. Being a huge fan of FMA, I was completely disappointed. There was little good about this movie. I did like the freakish fight with Gluttony but it made little sense. The ending was lackluster as well.

Animation: Beautiful animation. Scenes were fluid and reminiscent of FMA. Edward's world was a bit bland looking but that was what they were going for.

Sound: Like the animation, it was great. I can't say much for the voices because I watched it in English, which was pretty good (even with Al's cracking voice). Not as excellent as FMA but definitely good.

Characters: FMA characters stayed pretty much the same. Non-FMA characters were pretty generic. Little surprise with their actions of thought processes. As much as I love my FMA people, they can't make up for the lack in originality and quality of Shamballa's characters.

Overall: So-so movie experience. If you're a hardcore FMA lover, I would stay away from this because it does disappoint terribly. Even if you dying for an FMA fix, I would go to brotherhood or the manga. All else fails, re-watch FMA b/c that would be better than watching the movie.

Other Anime Reviews by nasreen10