mgold07's avatar

mgold07

• Joined Feb 23, 2011

High Score

Mar 29, 2012

High Score is a short, 8 episode web series from DLE Inc. If you were to assume that this so called comedy were in fact humorous, you will be sorely dissapointed, but don't take my word for it, let's take a brief look at why High Score could quite possibly be one of the worst series I have ever had the misfortune to watch.

Story - 1/10:

The story of High Score is your typical Slice-of-Life, Highschool anime. Highschool kids doing more or less nothing for an entire episode. There isn't really much to say about a Slice-of-Life's story, much less one with only 8 episodes totalling at 24 minutes for the entire series. That's right, each episode lasts only 3 minutes so the plots are bound to be simple and rushed. Frankly, what little fragments of a story this show had I wasn't interested by them whatsoever.

Animation - 1/10:

The animation of High Score feels drab and lifeless. Sure, it has a wonderful contrast of vivid and bright colours which dart the screen but in terms of actual animation quality I find it to be rather appalling.

Sound - 2/10:

Personally, I hate this show's music; had the music been of a much higher standard I might have actually rated this higher, which is a shame because the voice acting presented in this series is not too poor of quality with the voice suiting the characters.

Characters - 1/10:

There's really not much to say about the characters. In such a short series it's unexpected for there to be any form of development but did the characters have to be such one dimensional atrocities? If I had to give an in depth description of the personalities for each of the characters presented in High Score I would have to respond with "bland".

Overall 1.25/10:

Overall I would say that High Score is not the series that I expected it to be, I first started to watch it with the hopes of it being a somewhat comedic lapse in between other series...what I got instead  was quite the opposite; a mediocre pile of putrid nonsense which should never have seen the light of day.

1.3/10 overall