maaii's avatar

maaii

• Joined Feb 16, 2010

Howl's Moving Castle

Feb 18, 2010

This is definitely one of my absolute favorites. I have seen it more than once and will be seeing it many more times.

Story: I enjoyed the adventure throughly. It has a nice romance and it is pretty fast paced with lots of magic. There are a few things here and there that are not well explained. For example, the war that takes place during the movie, whatever happened between Howl and Sulleman or Howl and Witch of the Waste..But over all I think the story is very neat.

Animation: Beautiful colors and scenery. Just as any Miyazaki film. BEAUTIFUL!

Sound: Music was very well matched with the movie. Also the English dubbing was very good, which i usually am not a fan of. But i have to say that Christan Bale did a great job for Howl 's voice, also i liked Sophie's voice actress. Over all the sound made the movie so much more enjoyable.

Characters: Just like the story itself, some things about the characters are unclear. You never find out much about any of them. Just a few details about their past here and there. But as the story progresses you see how each character is based on how they behave rather than what happened in their past.

Overall: Highly Recommended!

9.5/10 characters
9.6/10 overall

Rickoon says...

Your review has a lot of interesting points. Personally, I think all fiction works better through action rather than flashback facepalms; that's probably one reason I enjoyed the movie so much.

Feb 18, 2010