lolhammy's avatar

• Joined Jun 13, 2011
  • ? / ?

Vassalord

Jul 19, 2013

My friend made me watch the OVA of some gay vampire manga she was reading and several minutes after watching it, my memories of the plot are fuzzy at best. Was there a plot? I'm sure it makes more sense if you read the manga. Maybe. There's these two dudes in it and a cute little girl that's yandere as heck and they meet up and everyone kills each other but not really. There's also maids in it. Oh and vampires.

The animation is fine, but nothing noteworthy about it comes to mind. It was somewhat generic and so was the art style used. Nothing wrong with that, but no points awarded.

Same story for the music, although it... Stood a whopping half a point more out to me than the animation. I liked the music around Marie, although I'm not sure how I felt about her voice. I have no real words for it, it just... Huh.

The characters are flat, and my hunch is that this is partially due to parts in the manga that were cut from the OVA. Marie appears for a large part in the OVA and seems to be whatever the plot was revolved around, and yet her character makes no development at all. It was somewhat fun to see the characters interact though, although things were... Missing.

Overall, I wouldn't recommend watching it, even though it's pretty short. If you wanna watch a short anime with vampires that's enjoyable, I'd reccomend trying Nyanpire or something.

6.5/10 animation