lionsdaemon

Darker Than Black - Kuro no Keiyakusha

6 MAR
2013

The upcoming review may contain spoilers, reader’s discretion is advised.

Darker than Black – The Black Contractor. The Review.

Story: Our story begins on a roof where police men are chasing a suspect who in the end is a contractor A person who has an above natural power. This can be everything like; stopping time, making fire by snapping your finger, teleporting by touching things or even control electricity. But even If you use your power you have to pay something. Not like a equal trade but a price they have to pay. Like breaking your finger or have a smoke (and I wouldn’t be too surprised if that was mine, If I even had powers like that) But for some reason this all reminds me off ‘To Aru Majutsu No Index’. (except for the paying part) The contractor escapes and later found death. He got killed. This a little part of the first 4 minutes of the anime.

The whole story revolves around Li shengshung. A chinese student who lives in Japan. He’s a normal guy but eats a lot. But when night falls and his boss comes with another mission he turns into the Dark Grim Reaper. A.K.A BK 201 A.K.A Hei A.K.A Li Shengshung. But what happens when an old “Friend” appears and Hei gets confronted with “The Truth” will he be able keep standing or will he change into a “Moratoria”

The Story is pretty awesome and I’m not trying to spoil a lot but this is pretty much DTB it’s about Hei and there is alot of action. The anime is in the beginning pretty weird not only the way the episodes are brought. But also the story that follows Hei. And if you watched it you know what I mean.

The Story gets a

8 out of 10.

Music: The music is in one word. Amazing, but what would you expect from Yoko Kanno. She’s known for the OST’s of Cowboy Bebop and Ghost in the Shell: Stand alone complex. The music is a good jazz and blues combo. And brings the anime pretty high. One of the things that really stand out for me with the music were both the opening scenes and the first ending. I can’t describe it that well but just listen to the music.

7 out of 10.

Characters: The main characters are of course Hei, Yin, Huang, Mao, Amber and Kirihara. Hei is your main character (obvious fact) he’s actually playing the shy guy and pretty much is good in acting the whole anime! But when his masks get on he’s like pownage main character with no hearth and no soul being a true contractor. Yin is your quite lolicon and also has a very sad background story which changed her for me. I didn’t like her but after her own episodes I did. Huang is the leader of the crew and a man who hates contractors. Mao is also a contractor with no payment. “Spoiler Alert” Amber is NOT the main villain of the anime but she stays pretty bad-ass. Even she has just little screen-time. And Kirihara is the awesome police women. There are more characters but these are actually the main once. The characters are great drawn and good animations. But what would you expect it’s BONES people. And they weren’t your basic ones so. Also all the characters had there own development in the anime and they all changed and you saw them changing. And that gave a good satisfactions

8 out of 10

Development: The develop of the anime is good. For a 25 episode anime it’s a nice walk forward to the end. It has no filler episodes which most 24/25 pr more episode animes have. But DTB didn’t have them. And was so nice and good and stuff that I watched the whole anime within 7 days! And for me that’s fast consider my mood killers.

A 7 out of 10 for the Development

Animations: The animations where one of the best of this whole anime. The animations where done by studio Bones. If you don’t know Bones they did stuff like: Full Metal Alchemist, Soul Eater, Eureka 7 and of course DTB. Bones did a well job on the fighting scene of the anime and made it all bad-ass. With all the action around the contractors and all their individual powers and all got their own good set of animations and I think that Bones did a good Job Well Done here.

Also a good deserved 8 out of 10. Well done Bones

Darker Than Black – Kuro no Keiyakusha is a great anime and his has to be on your WATCHED list. This is something you can’t miss and now the rating.

Also we get to the war Sub V.S Dub and for me it’s a suite yourself. Both Sub and Dub cast of the anime are pretty good and fun to watch. But if I have to pick one of the 2. It’s the Sub but it’s just

- <—- that close to each other.

Overall and all the individual scores counted up Darker Than Black – Kuro no Keiyakusha gets a total of:

7.6 out of a possible 10.

And this is just one of those anime that

“You should be watching”

Other Anime Reviews by lionsdaemon

Devil May Cry user review by lionsdaemon

Devil May Cry

Attack on Titan user review by lionsdaemon

Attack on Titan