lepenguin's avatar

• Joined Sep 17, 2012
  • ? / ?

Girls und Panzer

Dec 2, 2012

I actually though this show was going to be pretty crappy and did not even pick it up till after episode 4 was out. After listening to a podcast where one of the anibloggers was talking about how awesome the show was I figured I would give it a try.

Basically the show is Saki with Tanks. It really does not try to explain it too much and thats good. No episode is boring and it has tons of history and tank refrences to create a new feel of fanservice. None of the characters seem over done, so there is not anyreason to be disappointed in any of them, (none of them annoy me yet). There are lots of tank battles to keep the flow of the show going at a great pace.

Basically if you have an interest in tanks and are a fan of moe this show balances them very well and is strangly good and addicting.

Primula58 says...

I never expected the words "moe" and "tanks" to be used in the same sentence, let alone there be a need to balance the two; but I agree with you 100%. This show is highly addicting! The moe schoolgirl genre is really not my thing, but my interest in WWII history led me to check it out. The historically accurate tank info, combined with a good leadership story has kept me coming back. Now if it just had some references to WWII battle tank tactics and history it might be perfect!

Dec 24, 2012
Cantalupe says...

Dunno why this show is so underrated, but I think its pretty awesome.

Combination of moe and tanks, with some german words ... why not? Its really addicting after 4th episode.

Dec 18, 2012