lelouchllover's avatar

lelouchllover

• In front of a blank sheet, doodling
  • Joined Nov 9, 2009

This a review of Towa no Quon ( Towanoquon) movie 2: Konton no Ranbu. If you're looking for the first movie review, it is available on my reviews page and I do not intend to rewrite it here.

The story hasn't evolved much since Utakata no Kaben. We still can't figure the whole premise. Instead the creators decided to insert some sort of side story. I can't say it was impressive but it was not lame either. I enjoyed it. I just hope that in the next movie, we'll be able to actually see something worthwhile.

The animation is yet again produced by Bones. In comparison to the first movie, the animation wasn't as breathtaking. That's my only complain.

Same thing for the soundtrack. It wasn't Kawai at his best but good nonetheless.

Ending: Same type of ending and same song.

We are already into the third movie, and still in the first two ones no character developpement was shown. It introduced a new character, Kaoru, and showed it realtions with few of the cast. Still , I liked Kaoru and he appealed to me. Same thing for Quon, who we see a change in his personnality. He stays the same lovable Quon. I just hope all the cast will be developped in the future.

Overall, it wasn't a breathtaking movie, but I liked it. It was slightly better tha the first one by a minimal point. So in general, the two movies are the same. I just hope this series is only to go better next time.

Score: 3.5/5. It is time to see ameliorations, not just hoping for them to arrive.

Next! Zombie-Loan and my actual reviews of Soul Eater and Guardian of the Spirit( Seirei no Moribito)

7.5/10 story