lelouchllover's avatar

lelouchllover

• In front of a blank sheet, doodling
  • Joined Nov 9, 2009

Hataraki Man

Aug 31, 2011

So here is the first complete in a long time folks!

When looking in the Noitamina credit sheet, as always, I found this title, Hataraki Man. I decided to give it a go. My first surprise was the character design. It was evidently made by none other than Ano Moyoco. Her mature womanly style also ravished me because I knew right away that this show is gonna be something. I know Ano's style can turn away people but the lady here is a genius that I absolutely adore. She can write about evry type of story and any king of genre and she actually succeeds at it. She is just brilliant. But this not a review on Ano's career so let's move on.

The story of Hataraki Man consist of simple little cases of the daily life of a journalist working for a man's magazine. That's the big line. But I actually saw the real subject of the series, and you can too if you pay close attention. It's the daily apport to work in an adult life and how they see work. This is not someting we see often in anime I have to admit so I was trilled. At least someting original at last. BUt it fails here. Although there is no actual plot to follow, the setting could have been brilliant. But it was not. It focused way too much on journalism terminology. Exactly as a book on how to write a good article. Well one time or two, it could habe been refreshing, but here it is at least each freaking episode! So a good base story was ruined by the uninteresting details. If you start this series, beware that this is a slow series and there is no plot or action whatsoever. In fact it is one of the few series that couldn't bee deranged by a live drama. It could fit well. So in summary, Hataraki Man is a live drama in an anime suit.

The animation is ok. I have nothing to say much about it. It could habe been way better but it stands on it's own.I just have a remark about the eight episode; the animation was just plain ugly.

The sound now. Few famous voice actors but here they do an normal job. No one particularly shined.And hell why always the same stupidly boring insert song?

Opening section: Boring song and visuals.

Ending section: Boring song and visuals.

The characters in this series are a melting pot of almost every type of person you can find in society. In a way it is interesting. One negative point: the creators, sadly, did not fing intersting to actually develop all the staff members sufficiently. They seem one sided with the brand etiquette sticking to them. For a series that want itself natural, it is a big mistake.

Overall: Hataraki Man could have been charming if done right, but it is actually quite boring sometimes, tedious and heavy some other times. That inconsistency stopped it from having a better score. One of the rare time a Noutamina actually deceives me.

I made some quick reserch on the net and I actually found out that hatarki Man is actually a manga of Ano Moyoco! And it was also adapted in drama! Surprise! Well I'm sure tha the manga is 100% better than the anime tough.

Next! 07-ghost and Star Driver