Here are the resume of my thoughts compensating the usual long review. Sorry about that folks.
Opening: Did not have the opportunity to watch it yet due to my file episodes.
Ending: Same thing here.
- A great natural country feel to the series. Soothing and relaxing.
- Kamiya Hiroshi's great performance
- Great twist on traditionnal japanese folklore
- Animation have a natural feel to it
- Great lead character
- Original portrayal of youkai
- Great comedic sense along with nostalgia
- Excellent last episode
- Animation may seem bland and ordinary at first
- Episodes follow more or less the same pattern
- Music is unremarkable
Overall: Natsume Yuujinchou was a great series with an classic premise - seeing things is not new in animation- done right. It's charcaterization was purely original and excellent. I highly enjoyed it but it's pattern was a bit on the boring side. I will gladly watch the sequels because I'm hooked. Also, I'll try to get the manga. Yes, I'm impressed by this charming little series.
Score: 4 / 5. Good.
Next. Seirei No Moribito
This review has no comments. Leave one now!