lampshade4091's avatar

lampshade4091

• Joined Feb 25, 2011

Death Note

Jul 9, 2011

I know many people compare Death Note to Code Geass and vice versa, and the two series are very similar, but both with their own distinct style and tone.  Death Note's very dark tone throughout combined with a truly evil main character truly separates it from Code Geass.  By that I don't mean that one is better than the other, I mean that they are the best in their own respective genres.  On the topic of an evil main character (or at least I think he's evil), the most entertaining aspect of this series is the battle of wits that ensues throughout this anime's entirety (SPOILER: Though one of my favorite moments in this series is when Light and L start beating the crap out of each other).  While I was initially thinking that there is no way people this immensely intelligent actually exist, I found myself later in the series thinking, "WHO CARES, THIS IS AWESOME!"  Even the story has its own unique style to it as it is not a story of character development and learning life lessons and all that fun stuff, but one of somewhat of an epic tale or war story for lack of a better term,  Anyway, if you want a truly amazing anime with great characters, epic story, and otherwise a total break from the anime stereotype, Death Note is the show for you.