1. Guilty Crown - Composer: Hiroyuki Sawano
Notbale songs: κrOnё βios, Miss手リAs, Home ~in this corner~
One of the best OSTs that I have heard from the Anime genre. I tend to listen to a lot of Movie OSTs/Scores and I thought Guilty Crown had the most "cinematic" OST that I have ever heard from an anime. The guys from Supercell have outdone themselves once again. If you havent heard the OST, please listen to the songs listed above and tell me you dont agree. My favorite KRONE BIOS.
2. Maoyu Mao Yusha O.S.T. Mao Ban (2 Discs) - Composer: Takeshi Hama
This was my first time hearing Takeshi Hama's work (his only other work according to Animenewsnetwork is Kobato). I absolutely love both discs. The anime Maoyu is drama filled fantasy epic and Takeshi Hama's OST has the same serious feel (most of the tracks are dark and dramatic). Some of the my favorite tracks included the haunting vocals from The Little Singers of Tokyo, Eat Mash Haik, and Riya.
3. Kara no Kyoukai Series – Composer: Kajuria Yuki, Kajiura Yuki & kalafina (Vocals)
Notable Songs: "M20" from Chapter 5 OST, "M26" from Chapter 5 OST,
If Guilty Crown is my 1, Kara no Kyoukai is 1A in my list. Many of th songs were outstanding, especially the ones used for the battle scenes. Kara no is beautifully drawn/animated series of movies that has been recieved well. With Kalafina's vocals, Kajiura Yuki
Many of KY composions are beat driven which enchances
EXTRA: Kalafina released a self album Consolation - "Al Fine". If you enjoyed the songs listed above you might want to check this particular song.
4. Sword Art Online; SAO - Composer: Kajuria Yuki
Notable Songs: T8 "Survive The Swordland", T12 "In Your Past", T24 "He Rules Us", "Friendly Feelings",
Regardless of how you may or may not feel storywise about this anime, the soundtrack is A+. Once again Kajuria Yuki has outdone himself with a solid OST. Anybody who has watched SAO can remember hearing "Swordland" or very similar songs being played during the battle scenes.
5. Macross Frontier - Composer: Kano Yoko
Notable Songs: Haha to Ko Ranka no Aimo, Aimo O.C., Aimo, Vital Force, Prologue F, Transformation
One of Kano Yoko's better (in my opinion her best) OST works. The song Aimo with Nakajima Megumi's voals defines the anime Macross Frontier. Theres multiple versions of Amio, but in the end the song/melody is beautifly hauting. Kano Yoko's Vital Force, Prolouge F are great songs as well.
6. Eureka Seven - Composer:Sato Naoki
7. Horizon in the Middle - Composer: Tatsuya Kato
8. Darker than Black: Ryuusei no Gemini; Darker than Black S2 - Composer: Ishii Yasushi
Notable Songs: Galaxy Train, Suou no Yokorenbo, Asagiri, Dive into the 9, Jaku Horo no Serenade, Psychic Contact
While I'm a big fan of Kano Yoko, I felt the OST from the 2nd season had a better OST that connected with the story/anime. The song used "Galaxy Train" stood out among the others.
9. Tokyo Magnitude 8.0 - Composer: Koh Otani
10. The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya OST - Composers: Takada Ryuuichi, Erik Satie, Hoashi Keigo, Kousaki Satoru, Hoashi Keigo
Notable Songs: "Ready?"
11. The Secret World of Arrietty - Composer: Cecile Corbel
12. Little Busters - Composer: Maeda Jun
While most of the OST was lackluster there were some notable tracks that stood out.
1. Jormungand OST
While I wasnt a fan of the anime (I still its overrated) I still like and enjoyed some of the songs, most notably the Time To Attack (Fancy dress mix) from 岩崎 琢・feat. SANTA and the ED song from the first season Ambivalentidea from Naji Yanagi. Every time the song came on you as the viewer knew that the GOOD GUYS were going to kick butt.
1A. Fractle - Composer: Souhei Kano
1B. Escaflowne - Kano Yoko
3. Medaka-Box Abnormal
4. Champione OST – Composer:Megu Sakuragawa
This blog has no comments. Leave one now!