hamletsmage

Hellsing

29 OCT
2011

First things first, you've come here for Alucard, haven't you? Yes, he is that awesome. No, this anime doesn't do him justice.

Story: So, the anime pretty much boils down to Alucard kicking massive amounts of ass while making some smart-alec remarks. Oh, and there's the side story of Seras adjusting to vampire-hood. Well, her story is actually the main one, but Alucard's level of badass absorbs the plot. Just to make things clear. While I'd love to praise the story for its ingenious portrayal of vampires, it plays off old legends and tropes more than anything else.

Animation: The animation is fitting for the anime. It's dark and gritty, and only gives detail to things when needed. Usually with a shine. They love the glare of glasses in this anime.

Sound: Not entirely sure if the score was jazz, alternative rock, or a bizarre mixture of both. Often, it was louder than the dialogue (which I watched dubbed, so that was pretty annoying).

Characters: Aside from the Hellsing organization and a couple of their adversaries, not many of the characters get so much as a proper introduction before dying. Alucard stole the show by simply existing. I think Integra may be gender-confused, but that may have just been the way she dresses and carries herself. Ceras, is the whiny female protagonist you want to slap every few minutes.

Overall: Despite my criticism, I liked this anime. It has a decent cast, and Alucard is hilarious.

Other Anime Reviews by hamletsmage

Okane ga Nai! user review by hamletsmage

Okane ga Nai!

overall score: 4.5/10

Paprika user review by hamletsmage

Paprika

overall score: 5.5/10

Sacred Seven user review by hamletsmage

Sacred Seven