kieiPL

D.Gray-man

13 APR
2010

What can I say this is the type of anime that has great potential but never succeeds in achieveing its promise. First I wanted to mantion that I know that the anime/manga isn't finished.

The beggining starts out great introducing the different charactors sych as the Millenium Earl and Allen Walker.The atmosphere is also great if you are into more darker shounen titles. And then everything falls short. There is barely any story and it looks like the mangaka of the magna which the anime is based on used a basic design for all the missions ( pick a group of exorcists that travels to a place and fights a random or unbeatable akuma/Noah and then go back to the headquarters).

I had high hopes for the anime and manga but was dissappointet by feeling the mangaka didnt know how to progress the story very well and the only thing that made this piece some what appealing was the great ideas he had in the beggining and the design of the characters

Other Anime Reviews by kieiPL

Death Note user review by kieiPL

Death Note

overall score: 9.5/10

D.Gray-man user review by kieiPL

D.Gray-man

Recent Anime Reviews by kieiPL

comments

Brwa avatar Brwa
May 21, 2011

I liked this anime, great to kill time with.

@evilisgd, Way too much fillers? There was hardly any, now Bleach on the other hand has way too many fillers.

evilisgd avatar evilisgd
Jan 22, 2011

I liked ths series over all. Allen Walker is easily one of the best all time characters. The action and fight scenes are intense.

The premise was so good that the story could only end up the way it did, disappointing. The real problem is the pacing, the action scenes as good as they were are too few which made the whole story drag. To top it off way too much filler.

Annalyn avatar Annalyn
Jan 6, 2011

I think I know what you mean about the basic mission design. I've been stalled around episode 80 (or was that 90?) for a looong time, and don't intend to return until the boredom wears off. Some long-running anime never loose their appeal to me (Prince of Tennis, Naruto, HunterxHunter). Others, like this one, do.

Peyton112086 avatar Peyton112086
Oct 5, 2010

I totally disagree, the fights and characters are amazing. There are times when the story gets draggy, but tell me one shounen anime that isn't like that. Allen walker is one of my favorite characters of all time. There is plenty of story you just didnt get to it. The last arc was actually the best. The time spent where he was looking for his master was the worst,Mainly because this was meant as filler.

lycanking20 avatar lycanking20
Aug 17, 2010

agreed i just dropped it at episode 37

it has potential but its missing something and the action is lacking do it good or don't do it