kenikki's avatar

• Joined Nov 4, 2007

Sora no Manimani

Oct 19, 2009

Story: 5.75/10

Astronomi is unique in anime, but nothing else here is. This is not a show you watch for it’s story. The romance part of the story is mainly there for some few sweet moments, but mainly for humor. They did manage to push in some halfdecent backstories for some of the characters though.

It doesn’t even have a proper ending. Hardly anything is resolved. It could be a decent season finale, but i doubt we’ll see a sequel to this. Although if we do get one, I’ll watch it.

Animation/Artwork/Visual Effects: 6/10

Very, very generic artwork and quality of animation and visual effects. The usual artwork is probably the best kind for a show like this though. Nor does it need to be any better. I think it would just lead to unnecessary movements like in K-ON. Although I don’t think it would hurt if it was just a little better at least, like Hayate no Gotoku!! For instance.

Definitely nothing above avarage.

Sound: 6.5/10

The voice actors don’t stand out i any way, which is both good and bad. As for the BGM; at first I didn’t like it. But later on they started using the music very well as well as playing some damn nice tunes from time to time. But every now and then a crappy song pushed its way thorugh. A bit above avarage overall.

Characters: 7.25/10

The female lead is pretty funny. A hyperactive character like her isn’t very unusual, even though these character are usually side characters and not lead ones. I also gotta say that she did get quite a few laughs out of me. Especially in the beginning since her behaviour really suprised me. She felt really refreshing. The male was pretty tame. He managed to get some laughs from me too, but he was nothing special. The club president was definitely my favorite though. When he started coughing up blood the first time I laughed my ass off. He’s also the character that got the best ending. The rest of the cast was pretty standard but I still didn’t dislike a single one.

Overall: 6.75/10

This is a nice and charming watch even if it doesn’t really stand out in hardly any way. It doesn’t try to be anything bigger or greater than it actually is (like K-ON does for instance) which is my impression of it and something I like about it. If you want a decent slice-of-life show with some very light romances, then this is your show.

5.8/10 story